Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mommy Tip Alert! Mommy Tip Alert!

If you haven’t noticed already, my blog is not a typical “Mommy-Blog”. Meaning, I don’t really give any tips or helpful insights into the wacky world of motherhood, to help other Mommy-types. I mostly write about me. Yeah, I'm a mommy. But I'm me first. It’s not that I don’t care about all the other mommy-oids out there or their plight to survive mommy hood, I just don’t want to write about it.

Until now…

I’ll set the scene for you.

3:30 am. Snowy night outside. (first snowfall of 2010)
Baby starts crying.
Mommy starts to whine in protest, thinking, “Shit! I don’t want to get up.”
But because she is, of course, an incredible mommy, she lumbers into baby room.
Baby is wet. “Damn.”
Mommy changes baby to discover baby has a horrible diaper rash – his first diaper rash of his 11, almost 12 months of life.


Okay, the scene is set. Here is my MOMMY TIP

CORNSTARCH! CORNSTARCH! CORNSTARCH!
I put it straight from the box onto the baby tuchas. Next diaper change – VOILA! No diaper rash.

As I was changing baby diaper last night I realized that I needed to blog my insight. Because I AM a Mommy-Blogger.

So there it is. A Mommy Tip. You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment